ShuttleBee Driver Onboarding, Part 3: Saftey Protocals
Shuttler Orientation Part 1
What do do if you can't locate a child for pickup
Shuttler Orientation Part 2
What you should have with you at all times.
Shuttler Orientation Part 3
Shuttler Orientation Part 4
Shuttler Orientation Part 5
Parents and administrators have asked for a way to verify that drivers are credentialed by ShuttleBee. We ask that all drivers allow us to post a picture, and take a short video.
Shuttler Orientation Part 6
Sign on to your route using Life360. Here each day, we'll do the following:
- Check in by noon each day confirming your availability for the route
- Route Monitor will load in attendance and any updates
- Take pictures of children as they board and are situated in boosters.
- Send as a message or "check in" as you arrive at each destination.
Shuttler Orientation Part 7
Drivers will be asked to use in-vehcle monitoring at a future date.
Shuttler Orientation Part 8
ShuttleBee utilizes two types boosters. All children must use boosters unless we have written permission from parents not to do so. Please become familiar with them and watch the videos below for installation instructions.
Shuttler Orientation Part 9
Unless otherwise discussed, ShuttleBee operates on the School District of Philadelphia calendar. You can find the SDP calendar here.
If we have enough enrollment from a specific school, we will honor their schedule to the best of our ability.
Please let us know about any unscheduled calendar conflicts. Individual school calendars and monthly conflicts will be posted on each school page. Please see below for details.
Shuttler Orientation Part 10
Once you've registered for Zipcar, set your account up for text alerts and download the app. If you need to make changes to your reservations, you can use the "call zipcar" tool from the app for your fastest response.
Set up Text Alerts:
- Go to "my stuff"
- Click "contact me"
- Click the button to "activate phone" and follow instructions
- Click the checkbox to receive text alerts to "end or extend"
- Use the text tool to extend the zipcar if needed
Shuttler Orientation Part 11
Here are the policies we'll ask you to follow:
- Please extend your reservation if you will not arrive back on time. Each late arrival is $50, and could lead to terminating our relationship with you if not completed.
- You can enter the vehicle 14 minutes before your reservation begins.
- You can extend your reservation by text, by the app or by calling Zipcar.
- Report all maintenence issues directly to zipcar.
- Please fill up the vehicle with gas if below 1/4 of a tank. This can be compelted at the beginning or the end of your reservation, but not with children in the vehicle.
- If the gas card is not working, complete the steps here and copy Kristina. Then submit an invoice to be reimbursed.
Shuttler Orientation Part 12
Please review and sign our onboarding contracts here.
Shuttler Orientation Part 13
School Pickup Procedures
Each school has a page that outlines all pickup procedures, points of contacts and calednars -- if different than the School District of Philadelphia.
You can also use this page to reach out to your route monitor using the chat tool:
All steps above must be complete before we can issue your first paycheck. This is a 1099 role, and you will receive a 1099 form to submit as part of your taxes.
Shuttlers can be paid by: CashApp, Square, PayPal, Venmo, Check or Cash.
If sending a request by CashApp, Square, PayPal or Venmo:
- You can submit a request through the app on Thursday. Invoices will be proceesed ASAP Friday
- On submission, include: dates of service and total amount due
- Example: ShuttleBee Driver 10/9, 10/10, 10/12, 10/23. $160
If requesting a check:
- Send an email with the subject line "ShuttleBee Invoice"
- In the body of the email, include dates worked, total and requested method of payment
- Example: ShuttleBee Driver 10/9, 10/10, 10/12, 10/23. $160. Please send check to this address:
If requesting cash, follow the instructions above for check requests, plus the following:
- Please submit the time that you would like to meet at the Rite Aid @ 704-20 E Passyunk Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19147. PLease remember that I'm meeting several drivers, so I cannot make special arrangements to meet.
- I will be available to meet starting at 5PM on Friday, or whenever my shift ends that day. Please keep in mind that unforseen shuttle-related issues have happened that can keep me later.
- Remember to bring a receipt, I cannot provide cash unless this is filled out in advance. You can find an example here.